Japanese individual tax consulting for domestic and overseas clients
Individuals with international business and wealth are facing complex tax issues. Personal income taxes could well be one of your largest annual costs. And because most of the financial decisions you make have an impact on your taxes, having a solid strategy is all the more important—after all, effective tax management is the cornerstone for managing your wealth.
Premier Tax & Advisory provides personal tax planning to a variety of clients.
The starting point for personal tax planning and wealth management is gaining a good knowledge of our client. We will take the time to make sure that we know our clients’ individual circumstances which will determine which strategies are correct for them. Understanding the family structures of our clients and their objectives and desires enables us to tailor our personal tax advice to each client’s individual circumstances.
We can help you explore your tax-saving opportunities and develop your tax strategy. Drawing on multidisciplinary expertise, we provide you with customized and comprehensive advice to fit your situation so that your tax strategy works in concert with other components of your financial framework and lifestyle.
For business owners and executives, we also help you evaluate the tax consequences of your business and personal decisions, providing integrated guidance to retain more of your income and wealth.
Whether you are a Japanese citizen or a resident in Japan, a person doing businesses or making investments in Japan, Premier Tax & Advisory offers the expertise necessary to assist you with the complexities of your tax planning and compliance needs.
Our experienced professionals strive to create value for our clients. As tax legislation rapidly changes, we continues to update these specialty service offerings to maximize the benefit for our clients.
Our individual tax services include the following:
Examples of our services
■Advisory and planning
- Individual tax planning for residents and non-resident
- Advice on tax residency under the Japanese tax legislations
- Pre-immigration and residency planning
- Tax efficient structure for investing in Japan
- Tax efficient business structure in Japan
- Tax incentives and efficient use of foreign tax credits
- Tax treaty planning and interpretation including limitation on benefits determinations and reducing or eliminating withholding taxes
- Foreign tax credit maximization
- Planning related to employee cross-border mobility
- Tax on compensation programs
- Individual retirement taxes
- Inheritance / gift tax
- Filing of annual tax returns and statutory reporting
- Mandatory tax representation service for non-residents
- Communication with the tax authorities on your behalf
- Representation during tax audits and investigations and dispute resolution